This award has been given since 2011 to the authors of the best poster paper selected by votes of all participants based on both technical merits and presentation.
Best Poster Award at MVA 2021
- "Lossless AI: Toward Guaranteeing Consistency between Inferences Before and After Quantization via Knowledge Distillation"
Tomoyuki Okuno, Yohei Nakata, Yasunori Ishii, and Sotaro Tsukizawa
- "ROT-Harris: A Dynamic Approach to Asynchronous Interest Point Detection"
Shane P Harrigan, Sonya Coleman, Dermot Kerr, Yogarajah Pratheepan, Zheng Fang, and Chengdong Wu
- "Understanding the Reason for Misclassification by Generating Counterfactual Images"
Muneaki Suzuki, Yoshitaka Kameya, Takuro Kutsuna, and Naoki Mitsumoto
Best Poster Award at MVA 2019
- "News2meme: An Automatic Content Generator from News Based on Word Subspaces from Text and Image"
Erica K. Shimomoto, Lincon Sales de Souza, Bernardo Bentes Gatto, and Kazuhiro Fukui
- "Automatic Human Pose Annotation for Loose-Fitting Clothes"
Takuya Matsumoto, Kodai Shimosato, Takahiro Maeda, Tatsuya Murakami, Kou Murakoso, Kazuhiko Mino, and Norimichi Ukita
Best Poster Award at MVA 2017
- "Enhancing Discriminability of Randomized Time Warping for Motion Recognition"
Lincon Sales de Souza, Bernardo Bentes Gatto, and Kazuhiro Fukui
- "Two Features Combination with Gated Recurrent Unit for Visual Speech Recognition"
Masaya Iwasaki, Michiko Kubokawa, and Takeshi Saitoh
- "A Deep Network Model based on Subspaces: A Novel Approach for Image Classification"
Bernardo Bentes Gatto, Lincon Sales de Souza, and Eulanda M. dos Santos
Best Poster Award at MVA 2015
- "Transfer Learning Method Using Multi-Prediction Deep Boltzmann Machines for a Small Scale Dataset"
Yoshihide Sawada, and Kazuki Kozuka
- "Multi-Genomic Curve Extraction"
Raphaël Labayrade, and Mathias Ngo
- "Efficient Three Dimensional Rotation Estimation for Camera-Based OCR"
Kanta Kuramoto, Wataru Ohyama, Tetsushi Waka-bayashi, and Fumitaka Kimura
Best Poster Award at MVA 2013
- "Gradient Histogram Background Modeling for People Detection in Stationary Camera Environments"
Victor Borjas, Jordi Vitria, and Petia Radeva
- "Vehicles Detection and Tracking in Videos for Very Crowded Scenes"
Sara Atito Aly, Ahmed Mamdouh, and Moatz Abdelwahab
- "Scattering Tomography by Monte Carlo Voting"
Yasunori Ishii, Toshiya Arai, Yasuhiro Mukaigawa, Junichi Tagawa, and Yasushi Yagi
Best Poster Award at MVA 2011
- "Fast Combined Separability Filter for Detecting Circular Objects"
Yasuhiro Ohkawa, Chendra Hadi Suryanto, and Kazuhiro Fukui