This award has been given since 1998 to the authors of papers that were presented at the conference held ten years before and have been recognized as having the most significant influence on machine vision technologies over the subsequent decade.
MIPOD Award papers at MVA 2021 (those presented at MVA 2011)
"A Head-Wearable Short-Baseline Stereo System for the Simultaneous Estimation of Structure and Motion"
Hernan Badino and Takeo Kanade
"Human Skin Detection by Visible and Near-Infrared Imaging"
Yusuke Kanzawa, Yoshikatsu Kimura, and Takashi Naito
MIPOD Award papers at MVA 2019 (those presented at MVA 2009)
"Eye Blink Based Fatigue Detection for Prevention of Computer Vision Syndrome"
Matjaž Divjak and Horst Bischof
- "A Cloth Detection Method Based on Image Wrinkle Feature for Daily Assistive Robots"
Kimitoshi Yamazaki and Masayuki Inaba
- "A New Approach for In-Vehicle Camera Traffic Sign Detection and Recognition"
Andrzej Ruta,Yongmin Li, Fatih Porikli, Shintaro Watanabe, Hiroshi Kage, and Kazuhiko Sumi
MIPOD Award papers at MVA 2017 (those presented at MVA 2007)
"One Fish, Two Fish, Butterfish, Trumpeter: Recognizing Fish in Underwater Video"
Andrew Rova, Greg Mori, and Lawrence M. Dill
- "A Video Motion Capture System for Interactive Games"
Ryuzo Okada, Nobuhiro Kondoh, and Björn Stenger
MIPOD Award papers at MVA 2015 (those presented at MVA 2005)
"Extraction of Finger-Vein Patterns Using Maximum Curvature Points in Image Profiles"
Naoto Miura, Akio Nagasaka, and Takafumi Miyatake
- "Unsupervised Abnormality Detection in Video Surveillance"
Takuya Nanri and Nobuyuki Otsu
- "Human activity recognition using sequences of postures"
Vili Kellokumpu, Matti Pietikäinen, and Janne Heikkilä
MIPOD Award papers at MVA 2013 (those presented at MVA 2002)
- "Adaptive Background Estimation"
Mickael Pic, Luc Berthouze, and Takio Kurita
- "Robust and Fast Stereovision Based Road Obstacles Detection for Driving Safety Assistance"
Raphael Labayrade and Didier Aubert
- "A 51.2 GOPS Programmable Video Recognition Processor for Vision-Based Intelligent Cruise Control Applications"
MIPOD Award papers at MVA 2011 (those presented at MVA 2000)
- "Optimized Camera Viewpoint Determination System for Soccer Game Broadcasting"
Keisuke Matsumoto, Satoshi Sudo, Hideo Saito, and Shinji Ozawa
- "Dense Disparity Map Estimation Respecting Image Discontinuities: A PDE and Scale-Space Based Approach"
Luis Alvarez, Rachid Deriche, Javier Sanchez, and Joachim Weickert
- "Radial Distortion Snakes"
Sing Bing Kang
MIPOD Award papers at MVA 2009 (those presented at MVA '98)
- "Reconstruction Textured Urban 3D Model by Fusing Ground-Based Laser Range Image and CCD Image"
Huijing Zhao and Ryosuke Shibasaki
- "Optimal Homography Computation with a Reliability Measure"
- "Illumination Invariant Face Recognition Using Photometric Stereo"
Seok Cheol Kee, Kyoung Mu Lee, and Sang Uk Lee
- "A Map-Based Approach to Extracting Object Information from Aerial Images"
Yukio Ogawa, Kazuaki Iwamura, and Shigeru Kakumoto
- "Feature-based Image Mosaicing"
Naoki Chiba, Hiroshi Kano, Minoru Higashihara, Masashi Yasuda, and Masato Osumi
MIPOD Award papers at MVA 2007 (those presented at MVA '96)
- "Visual Tracking Using Active Search for Color"
Vinod Vasudevan and Hiroshi Murase
- "A System for Non-Intrusive Human Iris Acquisition and Identification"
Keith J. Hanna, Robert Mandelbaum, Deepam Mishra, Vince Paragano, and Lambert E. Wixson
- "Using Computer Vision in Real Applications: Two Success Stories"
MIPOD Award papers at MVA 2005 (those presented at MVA '94)
- "An Autonomous Three-Dimensional Vision Sensor with Ears"
- "Disparity Selection in Binocular Pursuit"
Atsuto Maki, Tomas Uhlin, and Jan-Olof Eklundh
- "Video Retrieval Method Using a Sequence of Representative Images in a Scene"
Akio Nagasaka, Takafumi Miyatake, and Hirotada Ueda
MIPOD Award papers at MVA 2002 (those presented at MVA '92)
- "A Real-Time Vision System Using Integrated Memory Array Processor Prototype LSI"
Yoshihiro Fujita, Nobuyuki Yamashita, and Shin'ichiro Okazaki
- "Qualitative Visual Interpretation of 3D Hand Gestures Using Motion Parallax"
Roberto Cipolla, Yasukazu Okamoto, and Yoshinori Kuno
MIPOD Award papers at MVA 2000 (those presented at MVA '90)
- "A Method for the Synchronized Acquisition of Cylindrical Range and Color Data"
Yasuhito Suenaga and Yasuhiko Watanabe
- "Face Recognition without Features"
Matthew Turk and Alex Pentland
MIPOD Award papers at MVA '98 (those presented at MVA '88)
- "Architecture of a High-Performance Image Processing System"
Hiroshi Takenaga, Yoshiki Kobayashi, Masao Takatoo, Yoshiyuki Okuyama, Shuichi Miura, Tadashi Fukushima, Kazuyoshi Asada, and Kazunori Fujiwara
- "A High Speed Image Processing System Utilized in Autonomous Vehicle Guidance"
Volker Graefe and Klaus-Dieter Kuhnert
- "Precise Visual Inspection Algorithm for LSI Wafer Patterns Using Grayscale Image Comparison"
Yukio Matsuyama, Hisafumi Iwata, Hitoshi Kubota, and Yasuo Nakagawa
- "A New Scheme for Practical Flexible and Intelligent Vision Systems"
Nobuyuki Otsu and Takio Kurita
- "Range Image Processing for Bin-Picking of Curved Object"
Takehiro Fujita, Kosuke Sato, and Seiji Inokuchi