This guide explains how to present for oral and poster sessions. Please also read the Guide for participants.
- Oral sessions will be held via Zoom. Each presenter will have 15 minutes, 10 minutes for presentation, and 5 minutes for discussion and switching. The presenters should prepare slides and start screen sharing in the assigned session.
- Please log in to the Zoom link 15 minutes before the session starts (e.g., 10:30 JST for Oral 1-1). When you log in, please change your name to
Your Name (Registration ID)(e.g.
John Smith (9999)) to make it easier for the session chair to identify you and allow you screen-sharing.
- Oral presenters may present their posters in the poster session on the same day, except for papers in the following two sessions. (1) For papers in Oral 1-3, please present a poster in Poster 2. (2) Papers in Oral 2-1 should be presented in Poster 3. These times are adjusted according to the time zone of the presenters. Please also refer to the Guidelines for Poster Presentations.
- Poster 3 will be a joint MVA-MIRU event by young researchers living in Japan. Participants from MIRU, a conference in Japan, will also participate in Poster 3 to ask questions.
- The Best Paper Award will be decided by the Award Committee after all presentations are completed. The award winners will be announced in the closing session. Please attend the closing session.
- The poster session will be held using the oVice system. Details on how to access MVA space in oVice will be announced later.
- Each paper will be assigned a presentation area in the oVice space. During the session, you should present your paper. Please stay in the allocated area and give a presentation by screen-sharing. If you are not in the area during the session, you will be considered a no-show.
- In each area, presenters can post URLs to their posters, videos, etc. Please create your posters and videos on Dropbox, YouTube, etc., and post the URLs to them. By pasting the URLs to the contents that explain your paper, people who come to the area before/after the session can also view them.
- The best poster awards will be decided by the participants' votes, and the winners will be announced at the closing session. Please attend the closing session.
For rehearsal, you can join oVice from 0:00 to 24:00 (JST) on July 21. Please check the operation method. After the above period, you will not be able to participate in oVice until the first day of the conference.
In poster sessions, presenters give their presentations using screen sharing. For details on how to use screen sharing, please refer to the oVice User's Guide.
Presentation materials will be presented using the screen sharing function of oVice. You can share "desktop" and "application window" with participants. The screen-shared documents will be shown only to the participants near you, not to the participants far from you.
Sharing a video using YouTube
- Prepare a video on YouTube.
- Pop up the frame by approaching the red icon in your presentation space.
- Click the red icon to display the input box at the bottom of the frame.
- Paste your video URL on YouTube to the box and click "Load."
Sharing a PDF/web page using iframe
- Prepare a PDF or a demo web page etc. at a URL that can be accessed using "
- Pop up the frame by approaching the black icon in your presentation space.
- Click the black icon to display the input box at the bottom of the frame.
- Paste the URL to the box and click "Load."
Examples of how to use cloud storage for iframe
- Change "
dl=0" at the end of your sharing URL to "
- Generate "embed" code (rather than "share") and use an URL in "src"
- iCloud Keynote
- Remove a string after "
#" in your sharing URL and add "