- All manuscripts should be submitted online.
- Full paper should be submitted for review. The paper must follow the formatting instructions below.
- MVA reviewing is double blind. All papers submitted for review must maintain anonymity.
- At least one author of each accepted paper must register and present the paper at the conference to ensure that your paper is included in the proceedings.
- Authors are encouraged to submit the evidences for the feasibility of commercial products. Note that authors do not have to submit the evidences. They will be evaluated only in the award selection process and will not be used for deciding whether or not each paper is accepted for presentation in the conference. See the following B) Submitting a manuscript for details.
Page limit is 4 pages including all figures, references, appendices and so on, and papers should be printable on A4 paper. Your paper for reviewing must be anonymous, by eliminating any information (e.g., your name, affiliation, address, etc.) that can possibly identify you. You should make sure not to use the words “my” or “our” when citing your previous work.
Other specifications (margins, fonts, etc.) should be set so that the appearance is as close as possible to the sample. You are encouraged to refer to the samples (MS WORD, LaTeX, PDF), for producing the PDF version of your paper for submission. The sample itself explains how to prepare your paper in the MVA paper form. You are kindly requested to submit the PDF paper after making sure that a) the length of the PDF paper remains within the page limit, b) the PDF file size is 6 megabytes or less, and c) the file can be read and printed by Adobe Reader.
The author’s kit with information about camera-ready manuscript and registration for accepted papers will be placed on this website by January, 2017.
Guide for authors: the sample templates
Follow a detailed instruction for authors .
A) Creating a user profile
- Access the MVA2017 online paper submission server (
- Follow the PIN link to get your own PIN (Personal Identification Number), which is a numerical identification number assigned to you when you set up a profile, by PIN Wizard.
- Every author needs to create and maintain a current personal profile in the system.
- The system needs to store the following information on authors:
- Full name
- Contact address
- E-mail. Phone and fax are optional
- PIN and password
- Research interests
The information stored on the system is available only to MVA’s conference administrators and is not shared by third parties.
B) Submitting a manuscript
The paper submission server can be accessed through the
Submit a contribution to MVA2017 link on
The following information is required for submitting a manuscript:
- PINs of all co-authors of the manuscript — it is necessary to enter all PINs at this stage to prevent potential conflicts. The PINs of co-authors can be found by PIN Wizard.
- For consistency please enter the PINs in the same order as the names appear on the manuscript. You will need to designate one of the authors as the "corresponding author." Only the corresponding author may update submission information, re-upload the paper, or submit the final paper.
- Title of your paper.
- Keywords for your paper. The keywords will be used in assigning your paper to reviewers.
- Approximately 300-word “plain text only” abstract.
- A compliance tested PDF file of your paper. You must test whether the file is compliant by following the link
Test your PDF file.
In addition, authors can also submit the following additional materials:
- Multimedia files such as high-quality images and videos.
- Supplemental data such as additional experimental results and the details of datasets.
- (IMPORTANT!) Evidences of the feasibility of commercial products. You can submit any materials that show how techniques presented in your submission are useful for developing commercial products. For example, a text/PDF file including the URL of a commercial product that employs the techniques. The PDF file of a brochure is also welcome. The patent information of the techniques is also informative for the award selection process.
Note that all of the additional materials must be submitted as one zipped file.
Please follow other instructions on the paper submission server to submit your paper explained in Getting Started Manual: Authors.
IAPR Ethical Requirements for Authors
The IAPR requires that all authors wishing to present a paper declare that:
- The paper is original and that no paper substantially similar in content has been submitted or will be submitted to any other conference or journal during the MVA2017 review period (December 5, 2017 – February 13, 2017).
- The paper does not contain any plagiarism.
- The paper will be presented by the author or a co-author in person.
The IAPR retains the right to eliminate any papers in violation of these requirements and to exclude the authors of such papers from future IAPR community activities.
MVA reserves the right to exclude a paper from any distributions after the conference (e.g., removal from electronic archive of past MVA proceedings) if the paper is not presented at the conference.
Please contact the program chairs, if you have any questions about the paper submission.